Are you a yoga teacher who's wondering where to go next? How to sharpen your teaching skills?
This intensive is for yoga teachers thirsty for more knowledge, more than you've gotten in your 200-hour training.
Ashtanga yoga is one of the most popular styles of yoga across the world. While it comes from India, it's methods and discipline help students face many problems of modern life.
Learning to teach and practice ashtanga yoga will take your yoga practice to the next level.
Both Jessica and Meredith have studied Ashtanga Yoga in India. Jessica is among a few teachers in the world with the Level 2 Authorization. She studied directly with Pattabhi Jois in India for many years, starting in 2004.
Meredith is a direct student of R. Sharath Jois, the grandson of Pattabhi Jois. She's also studied with the top teachers in the world, including Manju Jois, Richard Freeman and Tim Miller.
At the end of this intensive, you'll be comfortable guiding students through the Primary Series. You'll have an established practice of the primary series, including advanced postures like kurmasana, drop backs and handstands.
This is the first module of our 300-hour training, which qualifies teachers for the 500-hour Yoga Alliance Certification.
March 23 - 25th Opening Weekend
- Friday 23rd - Open Fire ceremony. Meet and greet. Foundations of ashtanga yoga method.
- Saturday 24th - How to articulate teaching Breath & Bandhas. Followed by exercises of each. Sequencing of the primary series.
- Sunday 25th - gazing points Dristi Practice expectations in ashtanga. Moon days.Teaching Led or Mysore Etiquette. Lead students through Virvadrasana B focusing on Dristi.
April - Mondays 5:30-8:30
- Learn how to teach sun salutations. Count in Sanskrit. Learn modifications. Different student body types. Breaking down Chatturanga and Adho Mukha Svanasana.
- Learn how to teach up to Parsarita Padottanasana ABCD. Modifications and assist.
- Learn how to teach up to Virbhadrasana AB. Modifications and assist.
- Learn how to teach up to Janu sirsasana ABC. Modifications and assist.
April 13 - 15th Weekend Workshop
- Art of Adjustments Workshop with David Keil
May - Mondays 5:30 - 8:30
- Learn how to teach up to Supta Konasana. Modifications and assist.
- Learn how to teach up to Setu Bandasana. Modifications and assist.
- Learn how to teach backbends . When to work on dropbacks and how. Three dips.
- Learn how to teach closing to savassna
May 11-13th, Weekend Workshop
- Friday 11th-talking about eight limbs of yoga and how it is incorporated into the Ashtanga practice. Prana & Apana
- Saturday 12th- opening and closing mantra. Symbolic meaning of deities. The Three Granthi ( Brahma, Vishnu & Siva)
- Sunday 13th- more in-depth study with hands on adjustments and assist. Helping out with jump backs and jump through. When is the appropriate time to do so.
June Monday 4th
- Students teach full primary through rotation. Evaluations. QA - Stories of time in India, time with advanced teachers.
June 8 - 10th, Evaluations and Closing Celebration
- Mysore evaluations
- Sunday 10th-closing ceremony after Mysore Class